I want every client to be fully informed and prepared for their session which is why I created this page to help guide you. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Booking Your Session
To reserve your session please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-939-9964 to see if your date is available. Your session fee is a non-refundable retainer and is due at the time of booking along with a signed contract.
After booking we will setup a pre-session consultation either in person at the studio, by phone or online. This will help us get to know each other, find out what you’re looking for from your session and to answer any questions you may have.
Turn Around Time
Perfecting your photos takes time and is well worth the wait! Your proofs will be ready 2-4 weeks after your session. Once they’re ready you will receive an email and/or call to setup you reveal + ordering appointment.
Reveal + Ordering Appointment
At your reveal we will go through all of your proofs together allowing you to select and order your favorites. You will be able to view sample prints/products and decide which images you are going to display in your home. Your order and payment is due at the reveal. Payment can be made via cash, check or credit card. Payment plans are also available upon request for any purchase over $599.
Choosing Your Location
The location for your session is completely up to you...it can be at the studio, outside in a field or at your home if you prefer. If you select an indoor location, rooms with big windows and a lot of natural light are the best option.
I’m always open to shooting at new and interesting locations so feel free to recommend anything you think of...no idea is too crazy.
Hair + Makeup
Having your hair + makeup done professionally for your session is recommended but not required. If you decide to do your own please use matte makeup and a translucent matte powder at the end to reduce any shine. Also, apply your makeup in natural light if possible...some indoor lighting may make you look a bit washed out and make you think you need to apply more which is generally not the case.
If you’d like a professional hair/makeup recommendation or would like it provided at your session please let me know asap so we can coordinate it. It can be added to any session for $150.
What To Wear
You’ll want to select outfits that you feel comfortable in and that flatter you. Make sure that you iron/steam your outfits if neccesary and group them together on hangers. Accessories should either be on the hanger with it’s outfit or in a plastic bag attached to the hanger.
Fingers + Toes
If you paint your nails please make sure they’re done well and not chipped. Chipped nails as well as really bright colors may distract from you and not work with all of your outfits...natural tones tend to work the best.
If we are shooting outside and there is a chance of snow or rain we may need to reschedule for another time. I will try to contact you first but please call or email if you have any doubts or concerns about the weather.
3-5 Days Before Your Shoot…
• If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you
are happy with it.
• Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
• Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
• PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN OR USE SELF TAN LOTIONS.
• Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
The Day Before Your Shoot…
• Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: outfits, jewelry, accessories, etc.
• Allow yourself plenty of time to arrive. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have time for unexpected delays.
• Hydrate and get a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The Day of Your Shoot…
• Use clear deodorant please.
• Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
• If having your hair + makeup done...arrive with a clean face and hair.
• Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be nervous before your shoot,
but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands.